The Keys to Success On Instagram and TikTok in 2023
As an experienced digital marketing agency, littleBIG help businesses start and maintain meaningful conversations with digital communities as part of a comprehensive marketing strategy. We do this by tailoring social media packages to suit our clients’ individual strengths, resources and requirements. Options include digital marketing strategy production, training, content generation and posting, outreach and community management, as well as digital advertising implementation. We believe a company’s social media activity must work hand-in-hand with their website, so we also consider this crucial relationship at every stage.
littleBIG Marketing Coordinator Kyrah Howell, who works across many of our social media accounts, shared with the team some useful and 2023-relevant posting tips for Instagram and TikTok she found on Social Media Today. We thought you might also find them useful:
- Instagram’s key focus for 2023: Inspire creativity, help people discover things they love, and spark connections between people
- Captions: Lead with the most important information, keep copy short and to the point, encourage action with simple, direct text
- Instagram connects similar content. Research what other brands in your industry are doing; see where your content can align
- Best times to post: Mondays at 11 am, Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 10am and 2pm, and Thursdays and Fridays between 10am and 12pm*
- Instagram says photos will get more focus in 2023
- The key to successful TikTok marketing is creating content that aligns with organic posts in user feeds
- Use hooks such as: ‘I wish someone had told me about this sooner…’,‘3 reasons why [product] is the best [problem to be solved}’
- Videos under 30 seconds work best
- Captions: Recommended to keep them short, between 5 to 10 words
- Content inspiration: Explore TikTok’s Top Ads
- TikTok’s For You Page (FYP) is based on recency – usually posts made within the last 90 days
- Posting more won’t increase your reach, creating relevant and engaging content will
For more info on how our agency can help your social media strategy, do reach out.