Here at the littleBIG office, we’re all about getting out there and discovering what this wonderful city has to offer. As a Melbourne PR agency, we also work with a fantastic range of clients that offer not only delicious food and drinks, but also some super-fun experiences just waiting for you to immerse yourself in.
That’s why our office romantics have come up with some fresh date ideas for the next time you want to knock the socks off that special someone. We’ve got your back!
1. Pack a basket and drive (or cycle if you’re feeling extra-hipster) to your favourite scenic Melbourne location and treat your date to a delicious picnic featuring a bottle of Rutherglen wine. To really impress, our picks are a bottle of Andrew Buller Wines’ Sparkling Pinot Chardonnay. As a nice white option, we recommend Stanton and Killeen Wines’ Albarino, or Campbell Wines’ Brothers Shiraz as a fantastic red option. You and your date will be happily sipping vino all afternoon long!
2. Looking to get creative? Why not play bartender and test out your cocktail-making skills? Our secret cocktail weapon of choice is a bottle of Muscat of Rutherglen. Rich and sweet, Muscat is the perfect accompaniment to crowd-pleasing cocktails such as sangria, espresso martini, spritzers, and of course straight over ice.
3. Take advantage of having some of Melbourne’s best street eats (and not to mention cheap eats) all under the one roof at Queen Vic Market’s summer night market. Featuring over 60 global street stalls, festival bars, and a rotating line-up of live music and entertainment, the market is a hustling bustling place for a casual hang out – without all of that awkward first date pressure. You can thank us later.
4. Have you visited the new-look Captain Baxter yet? We helped the team relaunch in 2018 and have been obsessed ever since! More of a romantic option, take your date to Captain Baxter for a beautiful seafood dinner, cocktails and of course the epic sunset views across the iconic St Kilda beach. What more could you want?
5. If you want to make a day of it, why not organise tickets to one of Melbourne’s upcoming events or festivals – such as BeerFest, scheduled for Saturday 2nd March in St Kilda. The best thing about living in Melbourne is that there is never a shortage of events on the horizon, so you’d be silly not to take advantage of the live music, free-flowing drinks and good times on offer!
6. Have you ever watched The Amazing Race? Well, do we have a fun idea for the more adventurous of you! Take a trip to Melbourne’s north and discover the hidden gem that is Preston Market. Known for its bargain finds (and delicious food), Preston Market is a cultural melting pot just waiting to be discovered. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more multicultural and authentic collection of food, traders and wares, and the best news is, it’s all under one roof. Set yourself and your date the challenge of finding the best souvenirs within a tiny budget, or simply join in on one of Preston Market’s popular Flavourhood Tours which allows you to discover the market like a VIP (taste-testing your way around the market). If you’re visiting on a Sunday, top it all off with a coffee (or some cheap wine from Preston’s famous ‘cheap wine’ store) and listen to one of the musicians performing for free. If you want the hot tips on which traders to hit up, give us a shout!
We’re a full service PR, Marketing, Social Media and Design agency based in Melbourne – you name it, we have it covered. To learn more about our clients and work, head over to our portfolio.