It’s that time of year when we say goodbye to holidays and hello to a new working year! Here’s our guide on how to shake off the holiday blues and ‘own’ your return to work.
- But first, coffee. Need we say more? This instant energy boost not only tastes delicious, but research shows that drinking coffee boasts a list of health benefits that will keep you strong and healthy all year long.
- Read, read and read some more. Get up to date with the hottest trends of 2018 by reading your way through every blog, Instagram feed, magazine and newspaper to ensure you’re filled with fresh pitching ammunition.
- #GoalDigger: It’s time to get serious, revisit previous goals and set daily, weekly and monthly goals so you can ensure you’re on the right path from day one.
- New year, new stationery. What’s more motivating than starting the year with a fresh selection of clean, untouched workbooks. Not only do you begin the year with a clean slate, it’s the perfect way to get organised and plan for what lies ahead.
- Music therapy. Studies show that a killer playlist can play a major role in enhancing your mood. It has even been known to boost happiness and reduce anxiety. There’s nothing like a ‘pop hits playlist of 2012’ to get you pumped for a big week ahead.
- Drop a line. Spend your first week back re-establishing contact with your beloved media contacts. Who doesn’t love a cheerful “HNY!” email first day back?!
We’d love to hear your top tips for smashing the first week back at work. Good playlist suggestions are especially welcome!