The Australian Movie and Comic Expo (AMC, formerly known as the Armageddon Australia) returns to the Melbourne Showgrounds this October. Featuring an incredible line-up of local and international celebrities, fans will be treated to special displays featuring memorable movie props, live entertainment, activations and activities for all ages to enjoy.
2015 marks a major anniversary for a number of renowned TV shows and films. AMC honors ‘Back to the Future’ celebrating 30 years, Get Smart celebrating 50 years and The Flash celebrating its 75 year milestone, with multiple stars from each of these beloved shows and films making guest appearances.
This year’s star line-up of guests include:
– Bernie Kopell – The Love Boat and Get Smart (Get Smart celebrates 50 years in 2015);
– Claudia Wells – Back to the Future (Back to the Future celebrates 30 years in 2015);
– John Wesley Shipp – The Flash and Dawsons Creek (The Flash celebrates 75 years in 2015);
– Lou Diamond Phillips – La Bamba, Young Guns, Stargate Universe;
– Rick Cosnett – The Vampire Diaries and The Flash;
– Maggie Roswell – Voice of Maude Flanders, Helen Lovejoy, Ms. Hoover and others in 28 seasons of the Simpsons;
– Hal Rayle – Voice of Miss Piggy and Gonzo for the Muppet Monsters, the voice of the Tin Man for the Land of Oz (animated), as well as a host of characters for Back to the Future, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman, Superman, 101 Dalmatians and more;
Other guests including stars from Supernatural, Dr Who, Teen Wolf and Continuum, as well as celebrities from the comic world.
Comic and voice over artists remain a huge draw card for many expo fans, with husband and wife duo Hal Rayle and Maggie Roswell (The Simpsons), Melbourne’s own Tristan Jones (current artist on Mad Max Fury Road) and Australian Dean Rankine (Simpson Comics) making appearances.
Melburnian’s will also have the opportunity to view iconic film props, with Back to the Future’s own Dolorean car and the 1966 Batmobile on display.
Other attractions include the ever popular Cosplay competition (this year expanded to include not only anime, but all genre costumes,) live performances from some of Australia’s best emerging artists, a Lazer Tag arena and an impressive LEGO ‘Brickvention’ constructed for the weekend.
Enjoy the full sensory experience as you revel in the sights, sounds and smells of the movie and comic world. For the full list of talent at this year’s AMC Expo, visit www.amcexpo.com.au/guests
What: Australian Movie and Comic Expo (AMC)
When: Saturday October 17 – Sunday October 19
Where: Melbourne Showgrounds
Tickets: From $12 for children, from $30 for adults
Bookings: General admission – on sale Friday July 17 – www.ticketek.com.au
VIP passes and Ultimate passes – www.amcexpo.com.au/vip-ticket-booking